How sweet! This video should be shown in Parliament before each session begins. Those politicians who refuse to hug be banned forever! Of course they have very good excuses not to, citing race, religion and the weather as excuses.
I can watch this video over and over and over again!!
Friday, May 6, 2016
Hi everyone on this beautiful island of Penang. I offer free haircut service to anyone in need of a simple haircut; who for whatever reason is not able to do so.
My service is free and without any condition. However for those who seem to have certain principle that payment must be made, then just contribute whatever amount that makes you happy.
This is the link to my "Simple Haircutting Service" facebook
Saturday, April 30, 2016
Monday, March 21, 2016
I have recieved this viral email message before. This is about the message written by a father to his children. I would have written the same message to my two children. (In fact, I had. There is a link to my article at the end of this post.) It is very easy to write messages. But the disappointing experience is that no one is listening. Below is the message:
Dear son and daughter,
I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons
1. Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable, nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early.
2. I am your father, and if I don't tell you these, no one else will.
3. What is written is my own personal bitter experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches. Remember the following as you go through life:
1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I.
To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend.
2. No one is indispensable, nothing is in the world that you must possess.
Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through life when people around you don't want you anymore, or when you lose what/who you love the most.
3. Life is short.
When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would find that life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.
4. Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness.
Don't over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don't over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love.
5.A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life.
One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!
6.I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, neither would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich or poor.
7. You honour your words, but don't expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don't expect people to be good to you. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles.
8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I could never strike any prize. That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard! There is no free lunch! (This is my addition: I still buy lotteries as I still have HOPE!)
9. No matter how much time I have with you, let's treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we would meet again in our next life.
You may like to read my article: "How To Be Happy : Message From A Father To A Son"
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Twenty-six years ago Tzu Chi started recycling of papers to save trees from being cut down rampantly. Now its recycling programmes encompass almost everything, and has spread throughout the world.
I too, do my little part helping out at tc local recycling centre once a week. More work less talk. The Master encourages everyone to participate in recycling. This brilliant project gives everyone the chance to contribute to society. Everyone can do it. The Master used to say, "recycling gives us happiness and keeps us healthy." "Just do it!" Or in Taiwanese Hokkien "choe toh tio lah."
Recycling Program The Tzu Chi Way : My Hubpages article.
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
This blog is now a ghost town. So are millions of them in similar fate. Everything has a life cycle. The end is near for blogging. At least this is my observation and experience. No one reads my blog now, so I don't bother to post. Or is it because I don't post anymore, so my followers just faded away? The chicken or the egg? Whatever, the result is the same. Blogging is dead, as far as I am concerned.
Everyone is on facebook now. So? If you can't beat them, join them. Facebook is now my new play ground. Welcome to my new home:
Sunday, May 3, 2015
This Sunday 3 May, 2015, Malaysia celebrates Wesak Day, The Buddhist thrice blessed holy day. Elsewhere this year, Wesak Day is on 1 Jun. Why? Usually, Wesak is celebrated on the first full moon day in the month of May, which usually will be the 15th day of the fourth Chinese lunar month. But this year the fourth Chinese lunar month full moon day falls on 1 June. Thus the difference.
A lot of so-called Buddhists do not really understand the pristine teachings of the Buddha. That results in wrong interpretations and understanding of what Buddhism is. Below is an article I wrote on the misconceptions about Buddhism. Hope on this auspicious Wesak Day this article may provide better understanding of Buddhism.
Happy Wesak to all my Buddhist friends. May everyone have good health and inner peace.