Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Saudara Lim Kit Siang, My Hero


Uncle Lim, or Saudara Lim Kit Siang needs no further introduction to all fellow Malaysians, friends and foes. 

I have been a fervent supporter of Uncle Lim since I was a young student, still not eligible to vote.  In the 80s, came election day, I would return from KL to Penang, my hometown to vote DAP, knowing very well that my one vote wouldn't make any difference in the fate of DAP and Uncle Lim.  Still my great respect for Uncle Lim did not deter me to do my little insignificant part.  Just to cast my one vote for DAP, election after election without fail, I would vote for DAP.  Each time my heart sank for DAP.

I remembered on one election night after the results were announced at the Penang Esplanade, a dejected Uncle Lim  walked away alone along Bishop Street, just opposite Public Bank.  I was following him, too shy to call him and to shake his hand.  I regretted not having the courage to do so. 

Then on one occasion he wrote about his utter frustration in his blog, saying he felt like giving up.  There was an immediate wave of supportive comments urging him to hang on.  This time, thanks to the internet, I also had the chance to make my feelings heard. 

Uncle Lim Kit Siang, the man I most respected, will be able to realize  his dream of Malaysia for all Malaysians in the not too distant future.  I am sure most of you will agree with me.

As an off-shoot, during the last GE in 2008, one hot afternoon I saw Uncle Lim's son, Lim Guan Eng sweating away, by the roadside infront of Reservoir Garden overseeing the erection of one of the DAP signboards, opposite the Public Bank. Yes, opposite Public Bank again, just like I saw his father 20 years before, although at different locations! It must be a very good omen.  He was also answering to reporters at the same time.  That reminded me of my "secret close encounter" with his father some 20 years back.  I began to see another great "fighter" for freedom.  That further fired up my conviction that the Rocket will rise to its rightful place one day.  As you know his son is now Tuan YAB Lim Guan Eng, Chief Minister of Penang.  My most loyal persistent one vote has not been in vain after all.

Presenting the life story of the Hero, Malaysian Freedom Fighter, Saudara Lim Kit Siang, in 4-part Youtube. A Dream about to materialize! (Click on screen if no picture)






5 comments:

A true Malaysian said...

HE IS MY HERO TOO. So is his son LGE.

But Umno, even MCA and Gerakan painted both as 'Chinese Chauvinist' through their MSM.

Anyway, truths shall prevail...proven by LGE in Penang as CM.

GanCGeok said...

He & many principled DAP leaders eg Chen Man Hin, Karpal Singh, LGE are my heroes too !

when LGE became CM, my late mum asked me to email to "keong hee" him ... finally "chut tau liao" ! she was so happy for him.

Justin Choo said...

Hi Gan,

Surprised to find you here. Thanks for visiting and commenting.

If you click on the top right hand box "This blog has taken on a new direction" or go here@ http://blackandwhite999.blogspot.com/2011/01/time-for-review-and-new-direction.html
you would find that I used to write about political issues; now I have "close shop".

This blog is now very deserted.

A true Malaysian said...

Don't give up Justin. One monster out there is the main culprit.

You get what I mean?

Malaysia needs you political input...more so 13th GE is near the corner...

Justin Choo said...

Hi ATM,

I am a nobody. Someone is so brilliant, articulate, learned, knowledgable, versatile, good-natured, polite, humble, friendly, well-respected, ..............

My readership has increased but ironically through search engines. People reading my health and wellness articles.

Since no regulars here, I don't want to waste my time writing local political issues.

Please click the top right hand box "This blog has taken on a new direction" or go here@ http://blackandwhite999.blogspot.com/2011/01/time-for-review-and-new-direction.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails