Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goenka 10-day Vipassana Meditation Course

(The imposing Main Meditation Hall of the Dhamma Malaya Vipassana Centre, Gambang, Kuantan, Malaysia)


Some time ago I wrote about my intention to attend a 10-day meditation retreat, but had to cancel the trip.  To read the post CLICK HERE.

I finally made the trip on December 5, 2012 to Dhamma Malaya Vipassana Centre at Gambang, near Kuantan, Malaysia. The centre conducts the 10-day Vipassana meditation course based on the Goenka tradition.  It was a most fruitful experience for me.  

To read my 2-part article on my experience during this retreat please CLICK HERE.

7 comments:

monsterball said...

Wishing you and your family a peaceful happy 2013.

Justin Choo said...

Hi Monsterball,

Thanks for dropping in.

I too wish you good health and happiness everyday.

monsterball said...

Impossible for me to have good health everyday...but thanks for your kind wishes.
If I have good health everyday....I may out live all my friends and relatives.
For me...everyday is a blessing that I can eat all the spicy food..pork legs bak kut teh...durian....etc etc etc.
Imagine..a doctor who is also a surgeon like Lim Kheng Yeak...kapook from no cure cancer...same age as me.
Well Justine...as Buddhists we do not fear death...as death is part of living...a life cycle.
I have no complaints over my life cycle ...full of sufferings and happiness too.
I have been waiting for years for 13th GE...been commenting on political issues non stop and will stop commenting after 13th GE.
At Sakmongol's blog...I just promoted you blog...as a lover of Mandarin music...and spoke about Rose Chan.
Take care and be well.

Anonymous said...

hello, Justin. i'm very interested about Malaya dhamma course, would you sent me some more pics of the area? thnx. Julia

Justin Choo said...

Hi Julia,
Click the link to find out more.

Vipassana Meditation said...

For me, I do like Vipassana meditation and practice it everyday. It's let me be calm and improve my wisdom as well understanding more detail Dhamma. For me, I learn it from a guru with 30 years Vipassana meditation experience, he is Venerable Vimokkha and stay in Thailand.

Vipassana Meditation said...

The link like not working, please try this url for Vipassana MP3 download at:
http://www.kidbuxblog.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails