Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Most Expensive Surprise Gift From My Internet Friend

Yesterday I met up with my internet friend from KL.  He came to Penang to attend the Tzu Chi's graduation ceremony.  My friend Gary Kang is now officially one step nearer to becoming a Blue Angel of Tzu Chi.  He is now able to wear the grey shirt to serve the people.  After a period of time through further dedication of service to the community, he will become a full fledged Blue Angel, wearing the blue shirt. For those who don't know about what I am writing about, please read my article on Tzu Chi.

When we met, he presented me a clear plastic container which I thought were two pieces of timsum buns.  The plastic container was somewhat opague and I couldn't see clearly.  Then he opened the container, and to my surprise, it was an expensive commodity; 4 beautifully sorted pieces of pure birdnest.   By the way our friend Gary has a swiftlets' building in a remote town, and these four precious pieces came from there.  

I dared not ask him about the market price of these 4 pieces for fear he might change his mind and ask me to pay for them.  Just joking.  Gary will never do that to me, knowing I am a retired old man without pension.

Thanks a million, my friend Gary, for the expensive surprise gift.

Take a look at the photos below:

Two types. Left shows the finer grain. Right shows the streaky type.  


Closer look at the finer type


Closer look at the streaky type

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails