One of my relatives had to go for an "interview" at the American Embassy to get a Visa to go to U S. You know what she had to go through?
1. Fixed up an appointment with the Embassy.
2. Paid RM500.
3. Had to wait in a common lounge for her turn.
4. Guess what, the interview was conducted in "public" with PA system so that all present would listen to the interrogation.
5. Question like how much was your savings was asked.
6. This relative was retired, and the interrogator rudely told her that she must be going there to work.
7. Enough of all the other stupid and irrelevent questions they asked.
Enough of that. I suppose that they are not welcoming Malaysians to visit their country. The manner they conducted the interrogation (I don't consider it interview) plainly showed that they wanted you to get embarrassed, to get angry and walk out with your RM500 going down the drain.
Hey, come to think of it it's easy and good business for the Embassy. RM500 x 100 interrogations per day =RM 50,000 per day! Plus the fun of ridiculing Malaysians in their own country.