Friday, June 18, 2010

Let us save each other.


Got this from a chat group.  And I did a google search and found this piece of news in The Sun,UK.

Below is a "copy & paste" report:

 
Andriej Ivanov, and Maria Petrova

A broken-hearted young man decided to throw himself off a bridge in Russia. He climbed up a tall one and spotted a young woman doing the same thing. They climbed down together. Now Andriej Ivanov, 26, is due to marry Maria Petrova, 21.

Devastated Andriej Ivanov, 26, wanted to end it all when his fiancée died in a car crash the day before they were due to get married. But when he arrived at the bridge — in Ufa, central Russia — he found Maria Petrova climbing over the railings.

Maria, 21, had been thrown out by her parents for falling pregnant and was seconds from throwing herself more than 100ft into the icy Belaya River when Andriej rescued her.

He said: "Something in my heart snapped and I couldn't let her do it no matter how broken my own heart was.

"I shouted, 'Stop' and ran over to her. She fell into my arms sobbing and I began crying too.

"We held each other and talked, and talked and talked. That night saved my life - and hers."

The couple talked into the night and agreed to help each other mend their broken hearts. Now they plan to get married after telling their families about how they met.

Maria said: "He is my knight and my saviour. All that pain was worthwhile because it led me to my Andriej."

                                          ( Andriej Ivanov and Maria Petrova )



3 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Justin,

How are you? Wish you're healthy ever after. I'm feeling more jing shen today, hence I wrote a new posting in my blog.

It was the pic of my Water Baptism, taken in 1988.

Of course my blog is not Christian friendly and I suppose I'd be bashed if I'm not been careful! The pic is real and the people there too are real.

But I have to reveal the TRUTH, the untold that happened in the church that I attended. If I dont do it, no one else will.

Take a look at it, my friend. Dont worry, I didnt wear the Emporer's New Clothes...:).

Grace

Justin Choo said...

Grace,

A good surprise for me. You are still here!!

Hope you are keeping fine. It's good you reveal and expose the devils in disguise.

bow said...

It is indeed nice to see both of them still alive and decided to give up the thought of committing suicide and choose to tie the knot for themselves. At least both of these youngsters still have some senses inside their head and not act out foolishly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails