Saturday, November 15, 2008

Black Helped White


Who is this strange couple?? (Picture from blog below)
(Mary Menth Andersen & husband)

I received an interesting email relating an episode 20 years ago about how a black stranger helped a white lady in distress at the airport in Miami. Here is a 'copy & paste' condensed version:

[At the airport in Miami, at the check-in counters. When it was finally Mary’s turn, she got the message:
-You’ll have to pay a 103 dollar surcharge if you want to bring both those suitcases to Norway, the man behind the counter said.
Mary had no money. Her new husband had travelled ahead of her to Norway, and she had no one else to call.
I started to cry, tears were pouring down my face and I had no idea what to do. Then I heard a gentle and friendly voice behind me saying, That’s OK, I’ll pay for her.
Mary turned around to see a tall man whom she had never seen before.
-He had a gentle and kind voice that was still firm and decisive.

She was thrilled to be able to bring both her suitcases to Norway and assured the stranger that he would get his money back. The man wrote his name and address on a piece of paper that he gave to Mary. ]


Who was that man? You guess it right....BARACK OBAMA!


Nowadays, a lot of boogie stories in the internet. So I Google Search and found the source of this interesting and inspiring story.


You can Google Search "Leisha's Random Thoughts" and find out for yourself.


The original blog "Leisha's Random Thoughts" is
HERE:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin,

You know, though out the decades I live in this 'hou sam mou hou pou' (good people do not receive good response) society.

I treated others good, they took advantage of me. I helped them, they harmed me. I was honest to them, they stabbed behind my back.

But strange. Now I DO meet real good, sincere people.

These people have helped and given me great wisdoms to uproot my most stubborn, chronic problems, one by one.

And strange that I WILL receive things that I want, including money! (Dont ask how).

Heya, good consequences will sure arrive one. Just be a sincere person ar. No magic, no nothing ar.

Gracie

Justin Choo said...

Gracie,

Happy to hear that you are now harvesting the good results of your good deeds.

monsterball said...

Great to hear that...Gracie!
Reading your few messages...you are a smart and straight forward lady.
I can imagine..you are a fun to be with...as a friend.
Perhaps your strong character..helped you to succeed all the while...and your ever soft heart...helping others....when they appeared so nice and humble..sweet talking to you... asking for help..you gave in. This is very common....and a good part of living life...you must not throw away.
Help as much as you can...not necessarily with money....but when money is concerned...make up your mind...are you able to help with money....PREPARING never to get them back?
If you cannot...then make a full stop on that.....but when you wish to continue to help...financially..don't grumble..if you are cheated or find out....those are ungrateful and no friends at all. They treat you like a sucker....and a sucker you are.
I have helped so many and some became millionaires....but when I am in big financial trouble...all.....leaving one...still treat me as friend.
Others seems to think..once you are financially down....you are a total failure in life.
When I looked back....all these years....somehow...somewhere...I am being taken cared of..not by my children...or friends....but by invisible good forces.
I have good health...have no money problems..and with my little savings..still living the life...I planned to do..without depending on others..YET...I am still helping ..others financially...whatever I can afford.
I am near 70 years old...and have a set pattern of life...I intend to continue...without depending on my children or others.
As you can well imagine..those loving people...may have terms and conditions...that actually make an stubborn old man like me..live a shorter unhappy life.
Actually I am not stubborn...very flexible...to logical discussions.
It is the young generation logics that may not agree with my at all.
Having part...some of my personal thoughts...I hope...you will realize..as you grow older..you will change with time...and understand..how selfish and stupid ...you may have been...for your own failures....and blame others...just like Mahathir...refusing to accept own weak personality.
That's part of growing old.
Choose your way of life.

Justin Choo said...

Monsterball,

That was a long discourse. Interesting.

By the way, Monsterball please visit "The Might Of The Pen" @
http://sjsandteam.wordpress.com/

and make your comments there and don't forget to tell them Justin Choo recommended. This blog is amongst the top 100 in Woodpress Blogs but strangely very few comments. Please go and make it lifely.

Justin Choo said...

I mean "Wordpress"

monsterball said...

Let him/her... come over and I will click to visit.

bow said...

Good n generous people come from all different races, a person good nature and personality does not evolve from a person's "race" or "skin color". Every well educated intellectual know that!

Anonymous said...

After two wars in foreign country, a vast minority of white Americans got a rude awakening that majority of non white Americans are fair and good folks, it 's a white man who send their children into harm way for personal gain instead of a black man!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails